May 06, 2008

sunrise on Mt. Tamalpais


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Sunday morning I thought all the "fireworks" would be happening down towards the Golden Gate Bridge, but a huge fog bank wasn't cooperating so I made a hasty retreat to the north-east side of Mt. Tamalpais.   This is the appropriately named, Alpine Dam.   It's one of five man-made lakes that provide water for Marin County.


CLICK to visit the now clickable Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.



Your comments are invited and welcome.


10 comments:

Stacey Olson said...

Beautiful! Now THAT image is more my style! thanks for sharing.. perfect lighting on this one.

Anonymous said...

holey moley, don - this is amazing! it looks surreal, or like a painting. this is one of my top 3 favs from you!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh!!! very atmospheric!!!!

Sean said...

I'm impressed Don. That is an amazing picture. Some photographers are lucky and get amazing shots just once in a while, but you seem to have the gift. You continually impress me. Thanks for sharing.

AphotoAday said...

Thanks for all the great comments!

I "thought" this was a pretty good photo, but yesterday I sent it to a photog buddy in the mid-west who didn't even mention it in his reply... --Oh... I'll get even with him...

But yeah, I like it too.   I boosted the color saturation slightly to get some more color into it.   Two other examples of the same scene are over on yesterday's Daily Duo

photowannabe said...

I think this is just magical. Boo to your midwest friend....What you did with the color saturation puts it a step above.

Anna said...

Stunning! This is something I'd love to have framed on my wall!

A.

Tomate Farcie said...

You make it look easy. As if! Another winner!

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

This is beautiful!

Texas Travelers said...

The shadows.
The light.
The gradation in tone.
All of the neutral colors.
Outstanding exposure.

All above were perfect.
Great work.

WOW!
Troy

 
under construction