May 06, 2012

on the surface


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I suspect many think that the sun simply comes up and goes down, but I'm going to go out-on-a-limb here and postulate that the sun has a whole bag of tricks, and our Earth is the stage.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

So, we have these physical forces here on earth, like ripples. Light joins the party and suddenly the combination spontaneously form some of the most beautiful patterns imaginable. At least that's the way I see it--you may have other ideas...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Don't know if I ever mentioned I slaved-away, in a previous life, at a small paint and ink manufacturer for more years than I would be willing to admit. In addition to our standard colors we did custom mixes--and sometimes got some unusual requests. I did my best at the factory, but if you're wondering--NO--I wouldn't have been able to match those lively and luminous greens, or even come close to the golds you can see on your monitor.


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

No comments:

 
under construction