May 09, 2012

Lagunitas Creek, ripples and reflections


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Some days I can't find anything at all to photograph at my beloved Lagunitas Creek. And I thought I had once again struck out, but I think these will do.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

But actually I think my work is mostly finished at the mighty (beautiful) Lagunitas. I've been shooting out there for six or seven years now. Click on my book in the left side-panel if you'd like to see what I've been up to.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And once again, I'll tell you my secret for shooting reflections--the water itself must be shaded, while surrounding vegetation is illuminated. Find the right angle and elevation, and there you go--its pretty darned easy, really.


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

No comments:

 
under construction