May 02, 2012

Holy Smoke! -- it's the start of a new project


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Speaking facetiously of course, I was thinking that I'm getting entirely TOO MUCH sleep and need a brand new project to keep me up late at night.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Smoke you ask?, with a question mark. I say smoke, yes, and WHY NOT?



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

So I went down the hill to the appropriately named "Don's Market" to buy some incense.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I showed these at the class I'm taking at Stanford last evening and got a positive response. But to be honest, I think I made a fair mess of things.



.
photo by Donald Kinney

My suspicions were confirmed when I re-visited my FIRST image of smoke taken two or three weeks ago. Scrap the others--THIS example is more how I want to show smoke. I've tried just about every odd-ball technique for removing noise and then re-introducing it in a controlled manner using some rather convoluted Photoshop techniques. But forget 'dat--it's time to start over, heading back in the direction this first image. Stay tuned.


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

No comments:

 
under construction