September 27, 2011

selective focus -- Transamerica Pyramid


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I seem to be stuck in the same old rut of going over to San Francisco early on Sunday mornings, but the idea of not having to feed a parking meter or use a parking garage seems extraordinarily appealing.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

You'll typically find me walking around Northbeach and Chinatown--two of the safer areas in San Francisco--but again, I've gotten stuck in this rut--a broken record so to speak. So last Sunday I decided to explore the hill above Chinatown with it's rather fine views of the Transamerica Pyramid.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Just too bad these unsightly wires got in the way... But, oh, I'm just kidding. I had an absolute blast framing up several compositions like this. People walking by were giving me that familiar look as if to ask; "What in the world is this guy shooting?" or "Aren't those wires going to get in the way?".



CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

No comments:

 
under construction