September 01, 2011

Plants, obviously from Outer Space


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Pardon me, but I've somehow ended up with the notion that everything strange and unusual MUST have come from Outer Space. Like these Volunteer Oats on the shore of San Pablo Bay...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Just no other explanation... This plant obviously came from Outer Space.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This is the colorful Monbretia plant, a visitor to our world, growing wild and flowering this time of year along the banks of my beloved Lagunitas Creek.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Monbretia in profile. "Alright, Mr. Demille, I'm ready for my close-up".



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This might be a stretch of the imagination, but that round flat leaf of this Nasturtium looks like it might be some sort of antenna.   Nanu-nanu...



CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Great sense of humor Don.
Love the outer space antenna of the nasturtium. Nice perspective and lighting.

 
under construction