September 16, 2011

the power of f2.8


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I was going for my selective focus scheme again with these graceful power-lines near the northern boundary of China Camp. I'm having all sorts of fun shooting wide open at f2.8.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And I decided to let "corner vignetting"--the darkening of the corners--fall where it may. Vignetting always becomes more pronounced when the overall tonal-scale of a photograph is expanded. I also kept the blueish cast as an experiment. Normally I would have made an image that was higher in contrast with tones leaning more towards black and white.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And now I know why I have a bit of a sore neck this morning.



CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm trippin' on these power lines. Nice you were able to find some that were apart from highways, traintracks and other human made jungles.

 
under construction