November 28, 2010

thistles at Nicasio Lake


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Thistles, also known in some area as Teasles, is another plant that -- the way I look at it -- probably arrived on earth from outer space...

This is a different version of the banner photo I showed yesterday, but I think this image (above) is slightly better.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This variety of Thistle has the most beautiful magenta flowers -- and after all the seeds are released this durable and prickly structure remains.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I shot this image last summer (I always say so when it's not a new photo) but wanted to show you the beauty of this plant.   It grows fast and is usually not welcome in civilized gardens.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Just possibly the lake at Nicasio is trying to send me coded messages?
Na-nu, na-nu...



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

No comments:

 
under construction