November 21, 2010

out at China Camp


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Despite the state park system taking the area over in the '70's, China Camp remains an otherwise forgotten strip of tidal lands, islands, and spunky hills on the west shore of San Pablo Bay, or what I call the upper thumb of San Francisco Bay.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

When I talk about China Camp I probably give the impression that it is one little village -- albeit an historic Chinese shrimping village -- but China Camp is much more with a shoreline that stretches about six miles with all sorts of nooks and crannys.   The area is very popular with mountain bikers.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

These fuzzy plants -- cat-tails is what I call them -- must have had their origins in outer space.   Anyway, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And finally we arrive at China Camp Village.   Population 1.

More tomorrow.




CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Love the shapes and forms..the almost abstract nature of the banner image today. Well seen!

Jane said...

Beautiful as always, and inspired. Love the spread of the oak tree with the cattails in front.

 
under construction