September 22, 2008

big splash


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I hadn't really looked at this photo, but it has less of the brown color-cast, and I think I like it better than the photo from yesterday.   It's probably a bit more dramatic, as well...

I shot this from a newly found perch on a cliff near the north end of Rodeo Beach, a mile or two northwest of the Golden Gate Bridge.   The wind was being driven up the cliff at a fierce rate -- any stronger and I may have been concerned about getting blown off...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Beautiful! It must have been an awesome sight.

chrome3d said...

The crushing wave in the bottom looks better here than in the previous one.

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL MOTION SHOT

Tomate Farcie said...

I see what you mean. It does look less brown than the other one, especially on this monitor. You know, next time I go to Apple store I will load your "big" site on one of their huge monitors. I have a feeling the pictures will look aweseome! :)

Catherine said...

Wouldn't you be tempted to join Aileni at Loose ends on Monochrome Monday he's creating.
Your Big Splash immediately made me think you could participate.
Otherwise, your silver color and strenght of elements are so real, I could hear the waves breaking.

 
under construction