July 06, 2007

Whaler's Cabin, Point Lobos


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Fortunately, the days of fishing for whales is just a note in the history of Point Lobos...   This pine and redwood shack was built by Chinese fishermen in the 1850's, and now serves as an interesting museum of whaling history...
Want to read more on Point Lobos? -- I found this link,   and this...


CLICK to visit my photographic Daily-Duo...
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat...


Your comments are invited and welcome...

3 comments:

photowannabe said...

Great framing shadows on the first one and I love the tree textures on the second. Super post.

Anonymous said...

Love the contrasting textures of the different types of wood. Great shots.

JAM said...

That was an interesting link on this post. I just can't imagine something made of raw wood lasting that long. Being from the south where humidity is pretty intense, wooden decks and things don't last nearly as long as you would hope, unless you coat it really well or use composite materials.

Plus, your photo of the cabin is much better than Hortense's photo they used on the other site.

I learn something from someone's blog every day, and this is the neatest thing so far for me today.

 
under construction