July 04, 2007

Point Lobos


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Now, what I did is strictly verboten, but two Saturdays ago I snuck into Point Lobos State Reserve, just south of Carmel, early enough to have the entire place to myself for an hour and a half...   Of course, I made a bee-line to the "off-limits" Northshore area, where normally I would be spotted trespassing and thrown out of the park... Hiking in that area is treacherous, and the soil and plants are very fragile...   When I was a mere lad of 16 I got caught on the backside of Fin Dome, and the ranger made me expose my roll of film so I wouldn't give other photographers any ideas...


CLICK to visit my photographic Daily-Duo...
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat...


Your comments are invited and welcome...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats dope. i love rogue fotography. nice shots dude.

photowannabe said...

Point Lobos is some of the most beautiful coastline. I always loved hiking and just being there. Wasn't the rebel type but you sure got some pretty pictures. I love the composition of the second shot.
Happy 4th to you.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

beautiful.......love the second shot.....your trespassing got us a precious post. Have a happy July 4th :)

Tomate Farcie said...

Hey, look, the one in the back is looking right at you!

JAM said...

Both shots are amazing. That second one is well worth all your efforts. Plus, with digital, you could "hide" your forbidden shots while in camera and if you were caught they wouldn't show up unless the ranger just happened to know how to see if you had hidden them and to retrieve them. Highly unlikely and effective.

Still, that second shot is amazing.

 
under construction