June 15, 2014

splish splash, I was taking a bath...


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The waves at Rodeo Beach in the Point Bonita area break fairly close to shore, which is helpful for snapshots but this is a short ride for the surfers--many prefer the longer and more challenging rides of Ocean Beach in San Francisco.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

No, I would never get into that cold cold cold water of the Pacific Ocean. Nevertheless, my reckless abandon has gotten me thoroughly splashed and my feet have been soaked countless times. Amazingly, I still haven't been swept off rocks to a watery death. Photo [above] was taken in August of 2013.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Another surfer in a photo from May 2013, ripping-the-curl, or whatever the proper surfer terminology might be. Click here for my gnarly blog post in 2009, with some examples of the colorful surfer language.


Photographing Marin County - the exhibit - the book       

No comments:

 
under construction