June 23, 2013

misty mornings in Nicasio, California


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

While MOST folks like to wake up to a bright sunlit day with nary a cloud in the sky, I prefer my mornings to be moody and dramatic. A little storm is coming in on Monday--they've PROMISED...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

But I don't always have to rely on general weather conditions. Not to far from where I live is a large man-made lake in the Nicasio Valley, big enough to send etherial vapors skyward when conditions of temperature and humidity fall with a certain range.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

So, while most of Marin County has been "enjoying" bright and cloudless mornings recently, I've been heading out to Nicasio, oh so early, with fingers crossed for a bit of drama. I snagged the top photo on Thursday, and the lower two on Saturday morning. MY idea of a great way to start a day...


CLICK for 40 new photos on my main website; www.photoarrow.com.

CLICK for preview of my exhibit at Mill Valley Library during July 2013.

No comments:

 
under construction