September 24, 2012

I'll be back in 7 days -- Re-runs in my absence

I'm off on vacation, exploring the mid-California coast, eastern California, the Alabama Hills, Bristlecone Pine, Death Valley, and as far into Nevada as I dare venture, but I'll be back October 1 hopefully with a lot of new photos from my adventure.

Sooooooooo, I have scheduled 30 "automatic" posts for the 30 days of September. Didn't want you to forget about the blog while I was gone.

Here are two more KittyBLOG editions:






life will have to go on without Kitty

BLAST-FROM-THE-PAST
AphotoAday post from August 1, 2011


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

It was a great and wonderful 12 years that Kitty and I were together, but I knew her from the day my upstairs neighbors brought her home from the animal shelter as a kitten. About four years later my neighbors moved on and couldn't take Kitty with them, so I was delighted that Kitty could come live with me in my humble abode.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And what fun we had! Kitty's favorite toy was just a wadded-up piece of paper, but one Christmas I remember giving her a knotted-up shoelace which she thought was the best fun ever.

And Kitty was a bit of a "foodie" -- she was the cat that absolutely adored a little piece of raw corn-on-the-cob. Okay, maybe I shouldn't tell you about the occasional bird or lizard with which she supplemented her diet. Yum.

Read all about Kitty's love of corn here.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

A little over four weeks ago Kitty disappeared. She had been slowing down a bit, but still was happy and seemed healthy.

So, with the neighborhood alerted, Kitty's remains were found on a steep hillside about 75 yards to the west. It had been three weeks so the Turkey Hawks and Coyotes had pretty much cleaned up after her, but I was able to gather the remaining parts of her to bury out by our fig tree. And there she will remain forever, in my heart...



CLICK for new slideshow on my "BIG" photo website.

No comments:

 
under construction