September 30, 2012

I'll be back in 1 day -- Re-runs in my absence

I'm off on vacation, exploring the mid-California coast, eastern California, the Alabama Hills, Bristlecone Pine, Death Valley, and as far into Nevada as I dare venture, but I'll be back October 1 hopefully with a lot of new photos from my adventure.

Sooooooooo, I have scheduled 30 "automatic" posts for the 30 days of September. Didn't want you to forget about the blog while I was gone.

Here are two more KittyBLOG editions:






Nuns of Perpetual Indulgence celebrate Easter

BLAST-FROM-THE-PAST
AphotoAday post from April 26, 2011


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh Lord, how am I going to explain the Nuns of Perpetual Indulgence?
Lets just say that EVERYTHING you've ever heard about San Francisco is absolutely true.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh yeah, I realize that homophobia and the fear-of-the-unknown still has a grip on most of us, but really folks -- there is little danger.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

So anyway, on Sunday I caught wind that the Nuns of Perpetual Indulgence was holding an Easter party in San Francisco's Dolores Park.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And what would an Easter bash be without an Easter bonnet contest...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh, it was a real bash with great bands and some riotous skits put on by the world-famous "Cockettes" and the amazing "Thrillpeddlers".



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This fellow took top honors in the Easter bonnet contest. A cash prize was awarded but the kindly gentleman donated his prize money back to the Sisters. The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence do a tremendous amount of charity work throughout San Francisco, granting thousands of dollars each year to needy Bay Area causes.

You can catch up on all of the current Sisterhood members by clicking here.



CLICK for new slideshow on my "BIG" photo website.

No comments:

 
under construction