April 19, 2012

Birdland on San Pablo Bay


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm working on an assignment for my class this week. I need to make three images of a "place", so all this week I'll be making my early morning pre-sunrise dash out to my favorite spot at the Loch Lomond Harbor Spit on San Pablo Bay. Wish me luck. (Update--a visit to Marin Civic Center changed the subject of my assignment--stay tuned.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

It's just me and the birds at that hour. I believe my feathered friends are beginning to accept me as one of their own. Quackity, quack, quack.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

But when it comes down to it, they can fly and I only wish I could. Those are Pelicans in the photo, but it's probably time that I dust off and crack open my aging copy of Jonathan Livingston Seagull.


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Absolutely stunning! I wish I could go to this place! Really nice shots!

AphotoAday said...

Well, thank you, Stine... Yes, you are always welcome in Marin County -- beyond the beauty of the area is the beauty of the people who live here. And by beauty I mean their mental attitude -- we try to cooperate and remember that we all have some sort of common goal. At least, that's the plan...

Shane Kent Louis said...

Amazing captures! Really neat shots. Very creative captures. I remember my childhood days because of this sceneries.


Dog Fence

photowannabe said...

The sparkles of pink sunlight guiding Jonathan is beautiful.
Luv it!

 
under construction