May 10, 2011

lets head over to the Napa Valley


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

A bit north and east of my digs is the Napa Valley, world famous for it's fine wine. The weather is usually splendid and so, I hear, is the fermented juice.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

My drinking days ended years ago, so it was with some regrets that I drove past winery after winery. I should hire myself out as a designated driver.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The crop is tended in a most careful manner and the vines are trained into growing the most efficient way. Water is most carefully metered out.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

So, now that you've got the back-seat loaded up with two cases of Cabernet and one of Pinot Noir, you may as well fill the trunk up with firewood.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

You make the perfect guide Don. Love the vingnetts.

 
under construction