August 24, 2010

Pet Cemetery - Presidio of San Francisco [part 3]


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

O.k. folks, just today and tomorrow at the Presidio Pet Cemetery again and then I'll move on to something else, but I wanted to show all of these.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well, there's old Stinky in the background.
Check out the beautiful patina on that wood.




click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And how appropriate -- Cutie's grave among a few pink Naked Ladies.




click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And with Louise, Judy, Raspberry, Tippy, Jerry, and Mr. Twister around; Polka is not going to be alone.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

O.k. now, folks, this one is pretty spooky for me because this old bird's name is VERY silimar to the name of another old bird -- my mother!

My mother's name was Pauline but everybody called her Polly, and we spell our last name with an "i" instead of the "e" used here, but I thought it was a cool and sort of spooky coincidence anyway.

Polly the parrot lived to the ripe old age of 51 but fortunately my mother made it all the way to 87. Just to make Mom really mad I used to offer her a cracker at every opportunity and say "Polly want a cracker?"



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

You crack me up Don...bratty kid!!!

 
under construction