August 09, 2010

Lagunitas Creek, the creek I call my own


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

On weekends a steady stream of cars pass by. Not more than fifty feet from the road is the creek -- the La-gaw-ni´-tas -- that I have grown to love.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

But I know EXACTLY where those cars are headed -- most to the pristine white beaches out at Point Reyes National Seashore. Some will be doing some hiking -- no shortage of interesting trails in the area.

But I'm afraid that many people will never pause at what I think is the most beautiful feature of the area -- the colorful Lagunitas Creek. The one I call my own.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The firmly rooted moss and creekside vegetation must wonder what all the excitement and commotion is about.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

It is a little known fact that Alexander Graham Bell got his inspiration for the invention of the phonograph from observing what goes on in a creek. Oh, maybe that isn't exactly true, but perhaps you have a better story?


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

4 comments:

Emmy said...

You may call the Lagunitas Creek your own, but thanks to the wonderful pictures you share with all of us, its almost as though you've given each of us a little piece of your river. Thank you.

AphotoAday said...

THANKS EMMY -- Very kind of you. It's my supreme joy to show it to you and the others!

Mary said...

I really love the water shots!!

d smith kaich jones said...

These are wonderful shots of an apparently wonderful place - that 2nd shot makes me a happy girl. :)

Debi

PS - Thanks for the kind comments over at my place. Much appreciated!

 
under construction