July 31, 2009

they call it China Camp


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Volunteer Oats are a very good thing to peer at the distance through.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

In 1955, parts of the John Wayne movie Blood Alley were filmed at China Camp.   I was going for a bit of 1955 black-and-white moodiness in this photo.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I wouldn't wait to be served -- it might be a while -- the cafe at China Camp is pretty much perpetually closed.

Best chances for a beer (((and maybe a hot dog))) might be the big Heritage Day Celebration on August 29 -- all sorts of interesting things will be going on at China Camp that day.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Frank with a net.   I retreated to a safer position when I thought he might be getting ready to throw that net over my head and pesky camera.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

3 comments:

Birdy Official said...

You have an excellent blog, having amazing pictures.

Louise said...

They have a celebration for YOU?!

AphotoAday said...

HI BIRDY -- Thanks for stopping by -- mi casa es su casa...

AND HI LOUISE -- Yes, I like how they've coordinated it with my birthday... Maybe I'll phone ahead and see if Frank Quan knows how to bake a cake...

 
under construction