April 10, 2009

the views from Marin


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

We're just across the bay to the north of San Francisco, where the poppies and lupine grow...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

While the tourists fuss about the Golden Gate Bridge, it is our pathway into and out of the City -- sort of a gateway to a DisneyLand with hills, and/or Sodom and Gamorrah -- take your pick...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Yep, but it's six expensive dollars ($6.00) away.   The price of crossing the Golden Gate Bridge has climbed so high that I often pause at this spot and think about hawking my watch.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

3 comments:

photowannabe said...

Smile...I thought I had found a wonderful girl for you.....
Love the pictures of The City. $6 is too much!!

Tomate Farcie said...

$6?!! It went up again! And to think they want to throw millions of dollars into that suicide barrier project... which isn't probably going to make a bit of difference anyway since they're only planning on doing one side of the Bridge. Oh, well, enough ranting out of me.

Hope you're having a nice Easter break.

Adam R. Paul said...

Hmm, from that side of the bridge, I prefer to watch the hawks rather than hawking my watch!

 
under construction