July 28, 2014

the Gee Gee Bridge -- 1 billion 1, and 1 billion 2


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I've always thought that the massive structure supporting the northern approach to the Gee Gee is just as amazing as other parts of the bridge.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And I've snapped it before, and I'll snap it again…
One billion three and one billion four...


NEW !
Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 2       
Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 1       

2 comments:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Very nice. Nice too how you snuck it in under their radar also.

Zoomie said...

I'm always amazed at how delicate the bridge looks from afar, almost like a woman's necklace, but how massive it is when one crosses it. Optical illusion - no wonder it is so famous that billions of pictures have been taken of it!

 
under construction