July 21, 2014

a dearth of photo opportunities -- lord help me


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Some people can't live a day without making music or singing a song.
Others find their lives are without meaning if they cannot communicate with their god and/or text with friends. But for me, I'm going to be an unhappy-camper unless I can be out there snapping the shutter of my fancy camera.

Some days the photo opportunities come easier than others. Usually it is either feast or famine, and currently I am in the middle of a dry-spell and the photos are not coming easily.

So, late in the day on Saturday I thought I would give it one more try--I motored out to Nicasio reservoir; played a few notes on my recorder, sang that dumb song that had been stuck in my head all day, prayed for forgiveness, and asked for a miracle. And yes--it happened--I heard the honking of Canada Geese in the distance. They were coming my way.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This set of "experimentally" processed images [above] is not new--they were snapped in September 2012. Maybe they will strike your fancy, and maybe they won't. I used Photoshop's "plastic-wrap" filter--something I only use on rare occasions, and purely for fun. Nothing serious going on here...


NEW !
Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 2       
Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 1       

No comments:

 
under construction