December 10, 2013

10/25 - Photographing Marin County - my new book


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This image is on page 34 of the book...   Mt. Tamalpais, taken February 2013.

Still plenty of time to sit down, write a check or visit Pay-Pal, and get YOUR copy of "Photographing Marin County". Think of it as an investment. I'm not saying I am Ansel Adams, but the prnt I could have bought from him in 1963 for $30 is now worth $3000 or more. Think of it as helping me buy just one more tank of gas so I can fetch these photos. Think of it as offering me a reward for my diligence in getting these images to you, each and every day, come rain or shine.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This image is on page 35...   Mt. Tamalpais, taken December 2011.

And your purchase will come with a little reward to you-- Until January 1, I will absorb the postage and pay California sales tax, if applicable. That cuts into my profits, but it is my gift to YOU. Now, go get your checkbook and find an envelope and stamp. You are going to LOVE the colors and quality of this book. The paper is heavy, with the most beautiful surface. 80 pages. I chose the selection, sequenced, and designed it myself with Adobe InDesign--and I guess it took a couple tries to get it perfect, but what I have for YOU, ladies and germs, is a beautiful book chock full of my finest images--chosen for their emotional value as well as their possible artiness.

[boiler-plate]
Okay, okay, I realize that not everybody has $30 to shell out for a book, no matter how much they might want to support me and my work, so for the next 16 days I will be showing images from the book 2 at a time. You can also see exactly what the book looks like in a preview from MagCloud, the publisher, and you can also visit my website, DonaldKinney.com to see the images displayed as an exhibit without the book formatting and more info on how to place your order.


Photographing Marin County - the exhibit and book


4 comments:

Zoomie said...

Don't call it artiness - it's more than that. Artfulness perhaps, or just art. It truly is art.

AphotoAday said...

Hi Zoomie -- oh, I have fun casting aspersions on artists with the Artiness thing. I worked in an art supply store for 15 years and have a plethora of curious experiences with the artiest of the arty.

Nancy Ewart said...

I just bought your book- check your e-mail. It seems the most honest thing to do. After all, we come here, day after day, soaking in your beautiful images for free. The workman (you) is more than worthy of his hire.

Nancy Ewart said...

I just bought your book as a present for myself. I know that it will be a visual feast. But I also feel that it's only fair to pay you for all the delight and mastery that you give us on a daily basis.

 
under construction