January 21, 2013

Point Reyes residents and relics


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

It is not that I didn't SEE the advisory signs, warning us to stay 300' away from Elephant Seals this time of year (it is mating season). I just suddenly stumbled on to this kind looking seal, and decided to take a few pictures before I retreated. He/she didn't seem to mind. The NPS throws people in jail for harassing wildlife. I was about 25' away.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

On the way to Point Reyes everybody gets a glimpse of this old boat.
and...
About as straight and long of a beach that you are ever going to find.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This is my favorite kind of bird--the Raven. They are smart as whips.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This cow remained alone in a pasture...
CLICK if you would like to see this same photo before I removed barbed-wire and a fencepost using Photoshop's ContentAware tool.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

...while the rest of the herd was heading out for a day of grazing.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Deer were looking for Antelope with which to play.


CLICK for 40 new photos on my "NEW" photo website.

1 comment:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I expected the fence to be behind the cow and was thinking "What's the big deal about removing it?" But wow, in front? You'd never know. Great feature of your photo program.

 
under construction