July 07, 2012

more from Nicasio


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I've shot this Nicasio scene before, but never with such a moon. Okay, okay--would you HATE me if I admitted I made that moon substantially larger with Photoshop?

A few months ago I was snapping these houses when the owner came out, approached me, and asked me to explain myself. I hemmed-and-hawed, but I guess he finally figured out I was no threat. I gave him one of my cards and we conversed for a while about the beauty of the area. Don has a new friend in Nicasio. Isn't life grand...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Meanwhile, down at the lake...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

CLICK for one more



CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

2 comments:

Sinbad and I on the Loose said...

I am currently reading a book - Mariposa Road, and the author is on a big year for butterflies. Everytime he gets stopped and questioned, he whips out his lepidopterist membership card and all is well after that. Business cards seem to carry great power.

m e l i g r o s a said...

that moon is splendid.
nicasio, now i think of your photos every time i pass by there :)

btw wanted to share this link, can't wait for the documentary to come out

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/07/03/in-no-great-hurry-13-lessons-in-life-with-saul-leiter/

xxom

 
under construction