January 11, 2012

San Francisco's NorthBeach, early morning


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Now, THIS doggie illustration is what I call "art". It comes from the soul of the neighborhood, and of course, the artist. A far-cry and a sight-better, in my opinion, than what is offered in San Francisco's stuffy museums and galleries.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And I bet I could also call this scene "art", if I knew the right people. But I don't, and so I won't. Only a few people, I'm afraid, will ever see MY photographs--welcome to the club. Admission is always free.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

There's some great curio shops on upper Grant Street in NorthBeach. That's a photo of Kenneth Rexroth belting out poetry to the beat of a jazz trio.
Now, I'm as "old-as-dirt" but the whole "beat" scene happened a bit before my time.


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patrons don't make art, artists do, and your photos are works of art. Keep em coming Donald.

 
under construction