January 26, 2012

more waterfalls - the "Kinney" and "Cataract"


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Winter arrived late, but we're off to a good start with two storms that have the creeks up and flowing. For eight months of the year this creek is dry as a bone. As far as I know this one has no formal name so I've given it mine! "Kinney Creek", on the northern watershed of my beloved Mount Tamalpais.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And for sheer might and power--this is part of Cataract Falls. After passing through two reservoirs this water will join up with San Geronimo Creek to form the mighty Lagunitas. The water's journey is completed 15 miles northwest where the Lagunitas flows into Tomales Bay, and the Pacific Ocean beyond.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And back to the tour--this is the prettiest spot, I'm pretty sure, on "Kinney Creek". So pretty, perhaps, I've often thought about selling tickets. Pretty tickets, perhaps, for a pretty price. Of course I'd let YOU see it for free.


CLICK for the very "best" of my work on my photo website.

No comments:

 
under construction