March 17, 2011

Chinatown, S.F., U.S.A.


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

It could be time to do some window cleaning at the New Golden Daisy Deli.

Now, if you don't know who Martin Yan is, this just isn't going to make any sense; but imagine the excitement -- it must have been a BIG day when the New Golden Daisy Deli got a visit from the popular TV cooking personality.

This seems to be the only Martin Yan photo on display in Chinatown, however I've spotted two restaurant endorsements by Rachel Ray not far away.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Not a supermarket or warehouse store in sight, and that's the way it's intended to stay.   It gives scores of small business owners and their employees a means of survival.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

All sorts of stuff that I would be hard-pressed to name, although I'm pretty sure those are pistachios and oranges.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

3 comments:

Scott Law said...

I love these photos that show the color and the culture. Very nice.

india flint said...

think that's a bingo on the nuts

Tomate Farcie said...

The first shot is something else!! I wouldn't have recognized that photo but now that you mention it. Perhaps Martin ought to pay these guys another visit and tell them to clean the window some ;)

Chinatown provide endless photo ops. Did you ever find the Banksy?

 
under construction