March 04, 2011

chasing a rainbow


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh Lord...   Wednesday morning at 8 I had to visit the dentist, and when I was walking towards fate I looked over my shoulder and saw the most beautiful rainbow sitting directly over my tiny Marin County town of Fairfax.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Fortunately, and by the grace of God (((and I'm not even particularly religious))) the rainbow was STILL there when I emerged from the dentist's office 25 minutes later.

So began my search for the rainbow -- where would be the best place to shoot it?   Too many buildings, trees and power-lines in the way...

I seemed to be chasing a very uncooperative rainbow here.   I chased it all the way over White's Hill, and then down into San Geronimo Valley and to the Spirit Rock area.   My beloved Roy's Redwoods isn't far beyond.

But I finally snagged it -- the elusive rainbow that actually WAS rather cooperative, and dramatic, when I finally caught up to it.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

4 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

Well worth the effort to make your capture... Great rainbow shots.

-Trevor

Hooly said...

This is not just, oh, another rainbow. This is wonderful, and your narrative adds so much more. Thank you.

Pamela Holderman said...

Only 25 minutes at the dentist - that is lucky indeed. Thanks for your last comment on my blog. So interesting how we each see things differently from our own unique angle. Thanks for throwing your idea into the mix. Love rainbows and for me they do seem to come when I need them most. Beautiful!

photowannabe said...

25 minutes at the dentist. I'm impressed.
Stunning rainbow. Glad you made the rainbow connection.

 
under construction