September 29, 2010

sunrise


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I haven't quite figured this out yet, but I enjoy sunrises much more than I do sunsets.   Oh, I suppose a sunset is the exact opposite of a sunrise, but I think there is a big difference between the two.   For starters, the sunrise is a promise of a new day; whereas when that sun sinks into the sea it's time to put the camera away and head towards home.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I try not to fall in love with my photos but this shot has stolen my heart.

For sunrises I usually head out to China Camp on San Pablo Bay, which is the northern thumb of San Francisco Bay.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Here's another sunrise, this time from the Cavallo Point area, within spitting distance of the Golden Gate Bridge.



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutly agree about sunrises vs sunsets. Of course it helps that the sun rises over lake Michigan here and it is always a beautiful start to a day!! Great shots!!

Anonymous said...

That photo is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh wow! I love these sunrises! they are really beautiful!

AG said...

These sunrises are amazing!

Rhett Redelings said...

That's it! You've convinced me I need to get up early and watch the sun come up over China Camp. Beautiful photos Don!

 
under construction