June 09, 2010

fog and the bay


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

"Thick as pea soup", my father used to say as we drove through this stuff on our pilgrimages across the Golden Gate Bridge on way to or from Grandma's house...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And I swear, every time we crossed Dad would explain that there was so much to paint -- and that the salty fog was so corrosive -- that as soon as the painters finished they had to start all over.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And if Dad saw a sailboat on the bay he just might launch into his favorite speech about how he had to work for a living and didn't have time to play.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

But he definitely would try his best to stop us kids from fighting in the backseat long enough to appreciate the beautiful scenery along the way.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Great pea soup picture.
We Dads and Moms have a way of repeating ourselves as we relive history. Why...I remember when....

 
under construction