January 11, 2010

two shots from Saturday


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

One of my old high-school buddies e-mailed me yesterday telling me that this scene from China Camp reminded him of the Mekong Delta area of Vietnam.   Anybody remember Vietnam? --oh, you know, that war we lost but didn't learn a damn thing from?   Oh you know, that dirty little "conflict" that cost 58,177 Americans their lives...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

But what a depressing day Saturday was.   Foggy until late in the day.   Then some clearing over Mount Tamalpais.   --But not one single bomber dropping Napalm on us -- hey, maybe this war stuff really works?   After all, you know what they say -- "freedom isn't free"...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

No comments:

 
under construction