January 26, 2010

more from Point Reyes


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well, I kind of liked this photo when I first saw it in the viewfinder, and I thought it was a "keeper" when I saw it on the computer screen, but it wasn't untiil my buddy from Ohio -- that Jan Bell guy that I mentioned yesterday -- said he really liked it that I realized it is indeed, a successful shot. --Convincing Jan isn't always easy -- he's the guy who doesn't particularly care for sunrises or sunsets -- this isn't exactly a sunset, but it's late in the afternoon.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well, the upper left corner of this shot is flirting with being terribly blown-out -- and I tried to fix it as best I could -- about the only option I have is to un-naturally darken it, or crop it out of the image.   I think I'll just leave it the way it is.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And who doesn't like a pretty shot of the beach?   Point Reyes Lighthouse is perched on the cliff of that huge hill in the distance.



EXTRA, EXTRA, EXTRA...     BONUS EDITION

Visitor Appreciation Day



Well folks, early yesterday I put a counter on AphotoAday -- I was curious if anyone had been stopping by -- oh, I know my "regulars", but I suppose most of you "have a life" and just stop by when you can...

Which reminds me of the day when I told my good buddy (((my surfer dude buddy))) that I expected him to open up my blog page and look at it EVERY DAY -- whereupon he sort of gave me that "Sure, Buddy" kind of look.

But I wanted to thank each and every one of you -- because I had no idea this many of you -- 85 -- were out there.   So maybe I should keep trying to snap some good photos -- who knows -- maybe I'll break 100 in the stats.   My Kitty will be jealous!

Think of it -- 85 people visited my silly blog yesterday -- and these are "unique" visitors -- the counter keeps track of your IP number so you aren't recounted if you revisit later in the day.

Maybe I should start getting all my words spelled correctly...   And who does this Don guy think he is for using three dots after most every sentence...   And Don needs to go back to hypen or dash school -- quick, before any more damage is done...


So Whoopie!

LET'S CELEBRATE
Make sure your sound isn't turned way up, then
mouse-over keys.   Click to repeat three times.
Drag keys to the right to form combinations.




I think it'd be great fun if you drove your co-workers nuts this morning by playing these sound effects, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

3 comments:

photowannabe said...

Yep, I'm a three dot kind of person myself and we won't even begin to talk about spelling...
I'm kind of curious so maybe I will put up a counter too.
Now on to your photos...
I love that first one, especially as the teaser yesterday. It reminded me of an old painting that was in my in-laws livingroom. Same style and coloring. Love them all and you know I think your shots are great.
Sue

Marcie said...

Love the colors in these images...especially the first one!!! Interesting 'counter'!!!

Tomate Farcie said...

You'd be surprised how many people come through and how.

I'm gonna stay clear away from the sound widget, though, because last time, I didn't realize my computer was on so loud and it almost gave me a heart attack (or something). Not to mention it alerted everybody that was I was goofing off ...

(always have used the 3 dots for as long as I can remember, even used to be written off for that by various teachers... oh well.)

 
under construction