October 24, 2014

Nicasio -- yet another foggy morning visit


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

As perhaps the luckiest-person-on-this-planet, each morning brings a yawn, and then, hopefully, a smile. Generally, I only have an hour or two before the sun rises, so I try not to dawdle. I have places to go, and the very best part of it is that I have the entire world to myself. Selfish of me, I know.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

And I live in the fabulously beautiful county of Marin, California. I'm sure you have beauty in your area also. Dream about it if you must, sleepyhead…

Depending on the sky and weather conditions I have a wide choice of places I can go. My routes vary. It might be a fast trip to the north end of the Golden Gate Bridge, or a twisty ride up on my beloved Mount Tamalpais, or an adventure out to the Lagunitas Creek. But quite often I will first swing by Loch Lomond Harbor on San Pablo Bay. Then on to a circuitous route around the China Camp shoreline, out through Lucas Valley and up to Big Rock, and then out to the Nicasio area including a reservoir that has a lot more dry mud right now than actual water.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Yes, this is Nicasio Reservoir; Marin County's emergency backup supply. Curiously it is capable of generating its own micro-climate. A foggy surface is its specialty. I often find it quite surreal. As I mentioned; I am perhaps the luckiest-person-on-this-planet.


NEWEST EDITION - Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 3
Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 2
Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 1

No comments:

 
under construction