October 15, 2014

big waves -- Sonoma coast


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh, I suppose it's sort of like the proverbial attraction of a moth to a flame.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

But yeah, when they start warning us to stay away from the coast because of high and dangerous surf, I generally take that as a cue that I had better get out there and check on those waves.

Oh don't worry. I am well aware of the danger. Sneaker-waves can be of Biblical proportions. I do my very best to stay safe--after all, just this past weekend a fisherman was swept to his death from his perch on a rock at Rodeo Beach. May he rest in peace...



NEWEST EDITION - Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 3
Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 2
Donald Kinney Quarterly - volume 2014 issue 1

1 comment:

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I'm the same way. When told to stay away, I am attracted to it. Always the rebel.

 
under construction