April 21, 2014

fast moving water -- Lagunitas Creek


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Later on in the year the mighty Lagunitas Creek will slow and I'll be throwing around one of my favorite words--bucolic--quite a bit. But right now, depending on her width, which varies, she is moving fast and furiously.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Because of the expense, I would never be able to use this technique with film, but the technique I used here was just to snap a succession of images--a whole LOT of them--one right after the other. I call it mindless photography--snap them now and sort them out later.


Lagunitas Creek, [the book] by Donald Kinney       

Photographing Marin County - the exhibit and book       


2 comments:

Charley said...

Awesome photos! My wife and I lived in Marin County for the first year and a half of our marriage. We recently moved to Alaska. Until we moved here I've always said Marin County is the most beautiful place we've ever lived. Were we are now certainly compares to there, equal in beauty...just different. I love Marin and hope to visit there again some day! I've started a photo blog of the area where we live if you'd like to check it out. It's called "Photos from the Journey." The address is: http://pftj.wordpress.com

AphotoAday said...

Hi CHARLEY -- Alaska--will be looking forward to seeing your adventures. I added your site URL to my sidebar so I and everybody can find you, and the listing might help with your ranking Google.

 
under construction