April 11, 2014

below Alpine Dam -- Lagunitas Creek


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh gosh, maybe I should keep it a secret, but you see, just to the west of my hometown of Fairfax is one of the most beautiful and scenic roads in all of California--with the relatively unimaginative name of "Fairfax to Bolinas Road". This road is popular with bicyclers and has a plethora of twisty turns, and ups and downs. And around every corner--another canyon and stream.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

My favorite place to visit and photograph is several miles downstream, past Kent Lake and Peter's Dam, so I don't get to this wild fragment of the mighty Lagunitas Creek all that often, but I am always amazed and revitalized by the beauty I find here, especially in Spring when the creek is running full-blast.


Lagunitas Creek, [the book] by Donald Kinney       

Photographing Marin County - the exhibit and book       


No comments:

 
under construction