November 05, 2012

sunrise at Suisun Bay


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

On Saturday morning I visited the western shores of Suisun Bay.
The area borders tidelands along Highway680 between Cordelia and Benecia.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

The layout of the land is surreptitious and Suisun Bay is sort of a transition zone, or an estuary, between the Sacremento Delta and San Francisco Bay.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Although I never reached my destination, I intended to visit the wind-geneators of the Montezuma hills, to the west of Highway12 between Fairfield and Rio Vista.

Wheat growing and sheep raising are the primary activities, but in recent years farmers have added to their income by leasing land for wind-farms.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I checked... They are 13 to 15 miles away, as the crow flies. Not a breeze.


CLICK for new slideshow on my "BIG" photo website.

1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Love the wind turbines in the early morning light.
Very linear.
Gorgeous sunrise too.

 
under construction