November 27, 2012

Chinatown speaks silently


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I am guessing Buddhism is sort of like a roadmap. As is this acupuncture demonstration figure. Great and complex mysteries are contained within.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

These are the universal and worthy Bodhisattvas, or ten great values.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Persimmons in Chinese culture are symbolic of the transition of the bitterness of youth to the sweetness of maturity through life.

Now, that statement took me a bit by surprise--in my own Western view of life I have always regarded youth as the sweet time of life, while maturity often turns out to be rather sour. Perhaps I've been looking down the wrong end of the telescope...

By the way, my buddy S.F. Mike currently has a great post on his blog reviewing the "Out of Character" exhibit of Chinese calligraphy at the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco.


CLICK for new slideshow on my "BIG" photo website.

No comments:

 
under construction