October 09, 2012

Nevada & Utah -- wide open spaces -- part 9 of 10


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm showing this set in no particular order, but I found this pleasant scene while motoring down lonely and desolate Highway 50 at sunset as I made my way towards Ely, Nevada. I don't know the name of this lake--I can't find it on the map. As far as I know I may have been looking at a mirage.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

This mountain, somewhere east of Death Valley Junction, caught my attention. Nevada has a plethora of interesting sights--many with pointed features.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Over the years the Amargosa Opera House at Death Valley Junction has been a popular and somewhat quirky destination for people of refinement and taste. Unfortunately, the lovely and accomplished Marta Becket gave her last performance on February 12, 2012. This vacant structure is nearby.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Jumping way ahead here, but I thoroughly enjoyed the wide open spaces on my journey across Utah coming back from Capitol Reef National Park. The area still retains a bit of its pioneer flavor.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Hmmm... 565 acres of Heaven. As close as I will probably ever be...


CLICK for new slideshow on my "BIG" photo website.

No comments:

 
under construction