January 17, 2011

sunrise, Loch Lomond Spit, near San Rafael


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well, apparently I got to watch this particular sunrise all by myself.   Usually the usual gaggle of morning strollers are out with their dogs enjoying the early morning air on Loch Lomond Spit, but on Saturday everybody must have been sleeping in.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Was the sky really that orange?   Yes it was...



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Actually I left before the big sun-ball arrived -- I think most of the drama happens before the sun makes it's appearance.   For some reason it's not quite the same thing with a sunset -- they fail to grip me the same way as a sunrise.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

In these troubling times, just a little reminder about what this world is supposed to be about -- let's keep the goal of peace in our heads.

CLICK for a similar and probably better photo taken of this same subject two years ago.   I'll let you in on a little secret here -- I painted those lights into the photo in both photos, new and old.   I intend to try shooting the scene again at night when the lights are actually on, so stay tuned...



CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo.
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.

Your comments are invited and welcome.

2 comments:

Alain said...

What a stunning sunrise!

Jennifer said...

Just knowing the universe paints colours like that - it can make you forget what all the strife is about.

Peace

 
under construction