March 19, 2010

looking around for Wildflowers


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I suppose this photo needs some explaining -- I wouldn't want anyone to think that I had pulled-apart and destroyed a beautiful Douglas Iris.   The photo had a very busy background, so I darkened it -- some of the darkness extended to the area where the petals were attached, thus the "hanging in space" or "exploded" effect.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Ever since my buddy in Ohio mentioned he was interested in Calla Lilies I just can't seem to get enough of them.   Some are left-over from last year -- just a bit tattered from the storms.   And some are new and bright, like this happy example.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I've shown other examples of Montbretia recently.   It's another contender in the "my favorite wildflower" competition.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Indian Paintbrush -- and yes, we even have Indian Paintbrush -- the wildflower with the very imaginative name.   Can you spot the bug?


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

5 comments:

Brad said...

Hey Don... That Iris above is absolutely stunning!

photowannabe said...

Glad you gave an explaination. It makes for explosive photography.
I love the ivory, creamy quality of the Calla.

NC said...

Congratulations for this Douglas Iris !
Tout simplement magnifique...

Tomate Farcie said...

Great series! As to the Douglas Iris, I would have called it "meditating" because that's how I imagine you must feel when you meditate.

Anonymous said...

Calla Lilies??? Who said anything about Calla Lilies? Oh ... it was me. I LOVE CALLA LILIES :)

 
under construction