November 11, 2009

more from Northbeach and Asiantown


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

(((note:   Excuse the odd title of this post, but if you're curious why I used the word "Asiantown" please read the comments from yesterday)))

Anyway, this lovely young woman (((notice I didn't call her a girl))) must be the daughter of the lady who normally tends the flower stall.   The location is right next to one of San Francisco's wonderful Italian restaurants -- Michelangelo, at 579 Columbus Avenue, catty-corner from Washington Square.

I would have bought some flowers, most definitely, if I had someone to give them to...   Any takers?   Anyone want to "do" dinner at Michelangelo?



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

If I had to guess I'd say that there was a bit of bargaining going on here.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well, who can argue with "low prices" and "high quality"?   If they had more space I think adding "superior value" to the sign would be the clincher.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

A sea-creature's worst nightmare!   Does Greenpeace and P.I.T.A. know about this?

Yesterday I mentioned the cage-full of live baby ducks they were selling down at Ming Kee Wild Game -- now, that really got to me.   Kitty would have had a fit had I brought any ducklings home, but you know -- I DID have a pet duck back in the late '60's -- I named it "Donald's Duck".



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Well, this is a nice clean cut, but farther down the carcass things started getting just a bit overly juicy -- check out the splatter by clicking here.


CLICK to visit my Daily-Duo
CLICK to visit KittyBLOG -- the daily doings of my cat.
CLICK for what I call my BIG site.


Your comments are invited and welcome.

3 comments:

Rhett Redelings said...

First of all, that photo of Coit Tower is breathtaking. Possibly the most beautiful shot I've ever seen of that landmark. Please consider that for the Marin County Fair this year, if you enter it. Second, that woman at the flower shop is also breathtaking. I think she likes me....

Thank you for brightening my morning.

AphotoAday said...

HI RHETT,
Well gosh, thank you very much. I have a pretty good shot of the T.A. Pyramid from that same spot (S.F. Art Instute on Chestnut) but yes, someone else I know really liked the Coit Tower shot too...

I think it would make a good picture postcard, or as Photowannabe sometimes mentions -- a poster... Gee, I'm blushing...

I shot it at 200mm with the 70-200 "L", ISO-1600, f-4, on a full-frame Canon5D, and I'll have to go see what speed the camera selected for me, but it was probably about one second... I didn't have a tripod with me, so it was quite a challenge holding the camera still, but there was a ledge to brace the camera as best I could.

So, does that particular flower lady really like you, or do all the flower ladies like you? --I know what a lady-killer you are with that bald head and everything... Glad SOMEONE is taking care of business...

Rhett Redelings said...

Yeah, that was just wishful thinking on my part.

 
under construction