February 24, 2014

Olema Creek at Five Brooks -- wilds of Marin County


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

"Are we there yet"; I had to ask myself... It was a bright and glorious Saturday morning and I was out to capture at least a few photos--and I was definitely not succeeding.

But then, a few miles south of Olema I approached a place with the promising name of Five Brooks. And although I have always doubted if there were actually five brooks here, I decided to stop and investigate the one creek that can be seen from the road. This is the Olema Valley, extending directly along the San Andreas Fault for ten or twelve miles--from Point Reyes Station in the north to the curious town of Bolinas in the south.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

My telephoto lens has been playing second fiddle recently. I've been having great fun with my new wide-angle zoom lens. Technically, the Tamron 28-70 is sharp as hell, and esthetically it is a completely different way of looking at the world. Can an "old dog" learn new tricks? Well, yes, I believe he can. Woof.


Photographing Marin County - the exhibit and book       


No comments:

 
under construction