February 21, 2014

Mount Tamalpais -- near and far


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

I'm not sure if I serve as the neighborhood alarm clock, but this time of year I try to get rolling at about 6AM. The problem is guessing where the photo ops are gong to be. One week ago I realized that most of Marin County was totally socked-in with fog and I made my way up to Pine Hill, just west of where I live--I thought I might have a fair chance of rising above it all.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Then this last Wednesday, late in the day, I crossed my fingers and sped out to the southern end of the China Camp area, ten or so miles to the east, where I found the sun struggling to peek though heavy clouds.

This photo, above, was the starting point for the posterized mish-mash from yesterday.


Photographing Marin County - the exhibit and book       


No comments:

 
under construction