February 10, 2014

it rained -- water is flowing and falling


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

We had quite a bit of rain and it kept coming down all weekend, and although I don't have proper rain-gear for my camera and lens I braved the elements (and the camera repair shop) with one towel draped over my head, with another towel draped over the camera.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Yes indeed... Roy's Redwoods and "Kinney" Creek and many other streams have finally come alive. At ISO-100 and at f-14 my exposures were about one second, smoothing out the flow, I think, in a most beautiful way. The brownish tinge in the water is from silt, which diminishes with time.


Photographing Marin County - the exhibit and book       


No comments:

 
under construction