August 30, 2013

The "Rhett Redelings Tree" at Point Bonita


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Isn't it kind of a special moment when you see a photograph, and then realize you know EXACTLY where the photographer was? And from that moment on that particular spot becomes associated with their name?
In the case of the windswept cypress here, this forevermore will be the Rhett Redelings Cypress tree--he photographs it well. I shoot it often.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Oh, there is a whole mess of cut-up Cypress here, near the remains of a massive military gun emplacement at Point Bonita, just northwest of the Golden Gate Bridge. Shapes and textures. On the left I think I see a horse.


CLICK for 40 photos on what I call my "big site"; photoarrow.com.
CLICK for "Photographing Marin County"; my Marin County exhibit.

No comments:

 
under construction