August 26, 2013

Lagunitas Creek -- on the other side


click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Finding a new spot to explore on my favorite creek is a bit of a challenge. In the past 10 years I've gained an intimate knowledge of every twist and turn.



click photo for full-size image
photo by Donald Kinney

Some meanders and riparian edges change noticeably from year to year. Torrential rains in December and January can turn the once bucolic creek into a raging mass, rearranging the landscape. This last year the floods ripped out a substantial footbridge, sending it a quarter of a mile downstream and burying it under a log-jam of monumental proportions.


CLICK for 40 photos on what I call my "big site"; photoarrow.com.
CLICK for "Photographing Marin County"; my Marin County exhibit.

No comments:

 
under construction